According to research reported by Google, 76% of employees consider a laptop to be a critical device and would not be able to perform their job without it. Having Google Grab and Go Chromebooks available in your workplace allows employees to pick up a device and get to work in minutes. When they’re done, they put it back for the next user. The Grab and Go program is ideal for:
- Loaner devices
- Temporary workers
- Frontline workers
- Thin client replacement
- Shared device fleets
Even though Grab and Go Chromebooks offer the benefits of less downtime, more security, and lower maintenance, sharing devices can also mean sharing germs. It’s important to make sure your Chromebooks are disinfected often, especially during the cold and flu season. Keeping your devices clean will also lengthen the life cycle of Chromebooks.
Here are 7 tips for cleaning your Grab and Go Chromebooks (Chromebook should be turned off before cleaning):
- Advise employees to keep food and drink away from Chromebook.
- Clean your Chromebook screen with a lightly moistened soft cloth or use an approved computer cleaning solution.
- Do NOT spray the Chromebook directly. Always spray the cloth first.
- Avoid any strong solvents or household cleaners.
- Remove debris from the keyboard with sticky tape and blowing compressed air. Wipe the keys and mousepad with a disinfectant wipe but make sure to avoid wipes with bleach. Squeeze out excess liquid before wiping.
- Leave hand sanitizer at your Grab and Go shelf.
- Charging cart doors and handles should be wiped down with a disinfectant often.
To learn more about Google’s Grab and Go program, check out the video below:
Interested in a Google Grab and Go shelf in your workplace to embrace cloud-based technology and open the door to future innovation? Contact SADA today to learn more about Chrome Enterprise and how to get started.