This week, Google Cloud Next welcomed thousands of guests through the doors of the Moscone Center in San Francisco. Over the course of three days, Google shared exciting product news and announcements. SADA, a Google Cloud Premier Partner and Premier Sponsor of the event, was proud to showcase a variety of our innovative solutions and services in the Google Cloud ecosystem.
SADA’s experts hosted panel sessions, connected with customers and attendees, and enjoyed the festivities throughout the week. Here is a recap of major milestones and announcements from the epic cloud event:
SADA Named 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year
A Google Cloud Premier Partner since 2013, SADA was honored to be named the 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year. SADA was recognized for its achievements in the Google Cloud ecosystem, helping joint customers achieve digital transformation through the use of Google Cloud technologies and solutions.
SADA Leadership Takes the Stage
SADA participated in four panels throughout the week. SADA’s President/CEO, Tony Safoian, moderated the “Why Media & Entertainment Companies are Going G Suite” session. The panel discussion featured three media & entertainment clients that migrated to G Suite.
SADA’s Director of Google Enterprise Search, Chad Johnson, spoke on the “Bringing the Power of Google Search to Every Business” panel and also presented the session “One Search to Rule Them All - Why Google Cloud Search?”
SADA’s Director of Engineering, Justin Brooks, presented the “Continuous Integration and Delivery Into Kubernetes” session.
In addition to SADA’s participation on Next ‘19 panels, our COO, Dana Berg, and our Head of Engineering, Chris Lehman, sat down with the hosts of theCube, “the ESPN of Tech,” to explain why SADA is all in on Google.
SADA Showcases US RaceTronics Solution
SADA showcased an innovative custom solution built on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) that analyzes race-car telemetry data. Using the GCP predictive analytics and the Machine Learning stack, SADA’s solution optimizes braking and shifting. With G Suite collaborative tools, SADA helps the U.S. RaceTronics team to communicate in real-time.
SADA is a proud sponsor of Steven Aghakhani, the youngest FIA-Certified IMSA pro driver, and US RaceTronics team member. Next attendees were thrilled to meet Steven and to get an up-close look at his Mercedes-AMG GT3 at SADA’s booth.
Major Google Cloud Announcements
Google made a variety of announcements spanning security and identity, productivity and collaboration, data management, analytics, and AI. Here are some of the biggest announcements that Google made at the conference:
- Introducing Anthos: Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian announced that Anthos, formerly known as Cloud Services Platform, is now generally available. Users can deploy, run, and manage applications on-premises or in the cloud of their choice, including Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Azure or a combo of them all.
- Extending Serverless to the Full Stack: Cloud Run, a fully managed, serverless compute platform for containerized apps, was introduced. Cloud Run brings a serverless developer experience and workload portability to Kubernetes Engine apps, either directly or through an open API and runtime environment.
- Open Source Integrations into the Google Cloud Console: Google took its commitment to open source to the next level by announcing strategic partnerships with seven leading open source-centric companies.
- BigQuery Business Intelligence Engine: Google announced an in-memory analysis service that allows users to analyze large or complex datasets almost immediately. Thousands of users can use it concurrently (no data movement required).
- Google Voice for G Suite: Google’s cloud telephony service, now generally available, gives users a phone number that works from anywhere on any device. Features include built-in AI, text-to-speech translation and easy admin provisioning and management. SADA is proud to announce we are now officially a Google Voice Partner.
- Cloud Security Command Center: A comprehensive security management and data-risk platform for GCP is now generally available. It includes new threat prevention, detection, and response services and gives users the ability to gather data, and identify and act on threats before they cause damage or loss.