Official announcement below:
Google Apps that makes creating a team web site as easy as editing a document. With Google Sites, people can quickly gather a variety of information in one place — including videos, calendars, presentations, attachments, and text — and easily share it for viewing or editing with a small group, their entire organization, or the world.
Google Sites is the new version of JotSpot, which was acquired by Google in late 2006. As a former JotSpotter, it’s particularly gratifying to see our wiki-based collaboration product surface on Google.com.
Some key product features from https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/sites/:
– Customize your site’s interface to resemble your group or project’s look and feel
– Create a new sub-page with the click of a button and edit the page with a WYSIWYG editor
– Choose from a growing list of page types: webpage, announcements, file cabinet, dashboard and list
– Centralize shared information: Embed rich content (video, Google Docs documents, spreadsheets, presentations, Picasa photo slide shows, iGoogle gadgets) into any page, and upload file attachments
– Manage permissions settings to keep your site as privately or widely editable and viewable as you’d like
– Search across your Google Sites content with Google search technology
See also the Sites Help Center page: https://www.google.com/support/a/bin/topic.py?topic=14075