April 27, 2023
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that our website asks your browser to store on your device when you visit SADA.com or any of our other websites.
Cookies are helpful and enable our website to recognize you, log when you visit a particular page, provide a secure connection to our website, remember your login info, remember language preferences, and enhance your user experience.
Cookies set by us are called first-party cookies. We also use third-party cookies, which are cookies set by websites not managed by us, for advertising and marketing efforts. To find out more about cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through a SADA website, and to use some of a website’s features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
What about other tracking technologies like web beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage our websites by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs or pixels in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our customers' personal information.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject some cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links shown below.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also opt out of behaviorally targeted ads by clicking here: https://preferences.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union, by clicking here: https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Google Analytics: To opt out of tracking analytics placed by Google, you can opt-out by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. This works for all websites that use Google’s services to track and gather analytics data.
Please get in touch with us at:
SADA Systems, Inc.
5250 Lankershim Blvd., Suite 720
North Hollywood, CA 91601
ATTN: Chief Legal Officer