SADA IMPACT 2022, a cloud transformation summit, has concluded, but the insights and connections still reverberate. If you missed a presentation you wished to attend or weren’t able to make it, be sure to register to access recorded sessions.
Kicking off SADA IMPACT 2022 Day 1 as keynote speaker, Oakland A’s General Manager Billy Beane set the tone for the energetic, two-day conference that gathered in Los Angeles and virtually. As Beane’s career has demonstrated, radical new ideas invariably meet resistance. Many of the speakers and panelists at IMPACT echoed Beane’s life story throughout the day, sharing tales of overcoming old ways of thinking as they pressed their visions forward.
According to SADA CEO Tony Safoian, the conference was an excellent chance for customers and partners to meet and share their stories of digital transformation. “Everyone who attended IMPACT, both in-person and virtually, had a compelling story about seizing new opportunities with Google Cloud,” says Safoian. “And what a celebration! The first day started with dance performances representing India, the UK, and Armenia, and concluded with a party at SoFi Stadium, the most technologically advanced venue of its kind in the world. We couldn’t have been more thrilled by the chance to connect with Google leadership, our customers, and partners to celebrate their accomplishments and visions.”
Day 1: Where your vision collides with the cloud
With sessions divided between technical and business tracks, SADA IMPACT provided a wealth of content for every role. Some of our favorite sessions from the first day included:
- Turning challenges into opportunities in an era of accelerating transformation, a fireside chat between Google Vice President, North America Partner Ecosystem and Channels Jim Anderson and SADA CEO Tony Safoian. The two discuss how their companies are partnering to tackle the promising trends and challenges businesses face today.
- Pizza meets cloud: Papa John’s taps SADA and Google Cloud to carry out digital transformation, a conversation between Papa John’s Director of Engineering Joshua Sullivan and SADA’s VP Sales, Central, Courtney Graham. Tune in to hear the two converse about how the leading pizza chain has embraced the cloud to drive transformation of a thriving delivery business.
- Neustar’s tech transformation journey with Google Cloud and SADA, with Jacqueline Ann Luppi, Neustar’s Sr. Director Engineering, Marketing Solutions and SADA’s Saurav Bengani, Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Engineer. Learn how the partnership with SADA enabled Neustar to manage a hybrid cloud data pipeline with workflow orchestration and petabyte-scale data transfer.
Day 2: A climate for innovation
SADA CTO Miles Ward kicked off Day 2 of SADA IMPACT with a demo that demonstrated the power of the cloud. As Ward took the stage at the Sheraton Universal, a small team of hikers were perched on a mountain peak on Washington State’s Olympic Peninsula. Using a satellite uplink powered by generators, the remote crew was able to seamlessly connect through Google Cloud and share their stunning view–of literal clouds–with those of us in attendance in LA and attending virtually.
Soon thereafter, SADA CEO Tony Safoian joined Reddit co-founder and venture investor Alexis Ohanian to discuss the serial entrepreneur’s vision for the future of the cloud. The conversation ranged from Ohanian’s humble beginnings as a kid with a rudimentary home computer to early innovations that failed, with plenty of hard-earned insights along the way. Ohanian was especially bullish about climate tech and had much to share about what it takes to be an empathetic investor.
Here are just a few other highlights from the content-rich second day of SADA IMPACT:
- A winning strategy: How the Golden State Warriors are leveraging data and analytics to power an unrivaled fan experience, with Golden State Warriors VP of Technology Daniel Brusilovsky and SADA VP Sales, West, Jacob Youshia. As the Warriors earned their championship rings this year, behind the scenes technology delivered for fans. Learn how in this deep-dive conversation.
- Supporting Neustar’s technology evolution with SADA ProServe and FinOps, with Eric Lam, Head of Cloud FinOps, Google Cloud; Rich Hoyer Director of Customer FinOps, SADA; and Sairam Tadigadipa, Vice President, Engineering, Neustar. A discussion about how leading information services and technology company Neustar is masterfully responding to shifting business and technical priorities.
- Tech for Good: Sustainability, with SADA Associate CTO Brian Suk. As a champion of sustainability practices at SADA and for the cloud in general, Suk brings the depth and breadth of his climate knowledge to bear on the greatest global challenge of our time.
And that’s just the beginning! If you weren’t able to make it to SADA IMPACT ‘22, missed a session, or want to watch your favorite session again, we’ve got you covered with on-demand access. Be sure to check out SADA IMPACT session recordings, including demos, real-world migration stories, and more here.