Happy International Women’s Day 2022 (#IWD2022)! This has been a year of transformational change for SADA, with numerous milestones and accolades to celebrate. On the occasion of International Women’s Day, we’re reflecting on the ways women have made a big impact on SADA’s culture and success. Here are just a few:
1. Women of SADA mentorship program launched
This year we started an internal group designed to help female-identifying SADAians level-up professionally and provide networking opportunities as the company grows. These monthly meetings focus on themes including Leading with Authenticity, Navigating Confidence in the Workplace, Designing Career Paths, and Networking for Career Growth. With more sign-ups than we originally anticipated, we’re currently discussing ways in which this program will evolve and grow alongside SADA’s growth.
2. Industry accolades highlight positive workplace
It feels good to be recognized for our culture, and this year we had plenty of reasons to celebrate. We closed out 2021 by receiving four Comparably awards, including Best Company Culture, Best CEO, Best Company for Diversity, and–last but not least–Best Company for Women. We’re grateful for the recognition, and are of the opinion that these honors are interconnected.
InHerSight, which uses data to help women find and improve companies where they can achieve their goals, awarded SADA with the number one spot in eight key categories for March 2022, including Best Companies for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men, Best Technology Companies to Work For, and Best Companies for Learning Opportunities.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts would not be complete without an organization like SAGA, SADA’s LGBTQ organization. Boasting some of the coolest swag in our SADA swag store, this group hosts drag bingo, happy hours, and Pride-themed trivia contests.
4. Celebrating our female co-founder
Did you know SADA was co-founded by a talented, dedicated woman who was quick to understand the potential of early computers? Read our interview with SADA co-founder Annie Safoian for insight into how she turned a home business designing business cards and letterhead into the innovative cloud industry leader that it is today.
When you create a company culture in which women are empowered, you create a positive culture for all employees, of all gender identifications. In alignment with our core values, we aim to drive purposeful impact with initiatives and benefits that cultivate DEI. From using machine learning technology to screen our job descriptions for bias to providing training and resources that foster a deeper awareness, we’re proud of the strides we continue to make for DEI. Some of our other DEI initiatives underway for 2022 include:
- Sponsorship of Women Impact Tech Summit and the Society of Women Engineers Conference to network with hundreds of female engineers
- Partnering with alternative coding schools to help non-traditional engineering students become successful cloud engineers
- Partnering with WE and Google to offer an Inclusive Leadership Series to enhance our culture of belonging and allyship
- Working with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers to ensure we are reaching talent from all communities
- Making financial contributions to organizations that are driving systematic change in society (for example, Black Girls Code, the Equal Justice Initiative, Nomi Network, National Black Women’s Justice institute, and Race Forward)
We look forward to another year of accomplishments driven by the incredibly talented women who make it all happen.