Table of contents
- Managing the unprecedented change that comes with generative AI
- Google Workspace and Duet AI
- The role of change management in generative AI adoption
- Define what you want from generative AI with a Duet AI for Google Workspace trial
- The four important factors in adopting generative AI tools
- Practical applications of Duet AI: real-world examples and success stories
- Change management challenges and solutions for AI adoption
- Navigating the AI-powered future
You can’t read an article or listen to a podcast without hearing the phrase GenAI or generative artificial intelligence. Businesses want to understand how to use AI to increase productivity and output with tools like Duet AI. Teams want to make sure AI won’t take their jobs.
While there are many examples of uses for AI in a variety of industries, you can also find it in common tools that professionals use daily, like Google Workspace.
While Google has integrated AI into its productivity and collaboration tools for over eight years, the recent release of Duet AI for Workspace has employers and their teams alike asking, “What’s in it for me? What generative AI solutions can I integrate into existing business processes?”
Managing the unprecedented change that comes with generative AI
The rapid integration of generative AI into our daily lives has sparked both excitement and apprehension. While business leaders seek ways to enhance productivity through AI, their teams are understandably concerned about the potential impact on job security.
Google’s recent release of Duet AI for Workspace has prompted many to question its implications. At SADA, we recognize the diverse needs of our customers and the importance of a robust change management strategy to implement transformative technologies like Duet AI.
Google Workspace and Duet AI
Google has been incorporating AI and machine learning into its productivity and collaboration tools for over eight years. The introduction of Duet AI for Workspace has brought renewed attention to the benefits and challenges of AI in the workplace. As you explore Duet AI’s potential, you may grapple with questions about its practical applications, return on investment, and alignment with corporate policies, regulations, and business objectives.
The role of change management in generative AI adoption
A smart change management strategy addresses such concerns and ensures a seamless adoption of Duet AI or other AI tools. At SADA, we collaborate with businesses representing a wide variety of industries and aim to capture each organization’s unique AI vision and build a plan that tracks and achieves specific business goals.
As generative AI becomes an integral part of the workplace, business leaders will need guidance on navigating these changes. Duet AI, with its potential to drive new levels of operational efficiency, requires a thoughtful and strategic approach to change management.
We at SADA are committed to guiding your business through this transformative journey, ensuring that your adoption of Duet AI aligns with your unique goals, complies with regulations, and maximizes your competitive edge.
Define what you want from generative AI with a Duet AI for Google Workspace trial
As an industry leader, you’re looking for guidance on the best ways to introduce the new capabilities of Duet AI to your teams in a way that demonstrates a measurable return on investment.
Teams are looking for training and resources to help them adopt Duet AI’s features into their existing workflows. Legal and Compliance teams need guidance on the best ways to implement new functionality that is aligned with corporate policies and regulatory requirements.
At this “testing the water” stage, most organizations purchase licenses for a subset of their users, allowing for a controlled rollout and gradual familiarization with Duet AI’s capabilities.
This is where a solid change management strategy comes into play. As SADA collaborates with businesses in every industry who want to try Duet AI, we want to ensure that we capture each organization’s unique AI vision and build a plan to track and achieve specific business goals.
The four important factors in adopting generative AI tools
- Security, privacy, and compliance. Your organization’s data security, privacy, and compliance policies are vital to your success. SADA Change Management experts work with key security stakeholders to understand how Google’s AI models are trained (not with your company’s sensitive information), how your teams’ prompts and generated text and images are saved (your prompts and content are not shared outside your Workspace instance), and what protections apply to the data (Duet AI automatically applies the same Google Workspace protections that are applied to data regions and data loss prevention. Learn more.) Our goal is to create transparency so that you can confidently give the go ahead to leverage the capabilities of Duet AI within your organization.
- Learning and enablement. When it comes to adopting Duet AI, the use cases are endless. From automating tasks to creating images, summarizing content, and creating speaker notes, SADA’s learning materials demonstrate generative AI’s ability to help you work faster, smarter, and more creatively. This includes guidance on writing effective prompts and leveraging the integrations between Google Workspace applications. Learning materials can vary by department and role, so SADA experts take the time to understand who in your organization has licenses and what use cases speak to them. You’ll also get weekly prompts to help you learn how to use new features. And, since we’re in the know about upcoming features, your teams are kept up to date on the latest and greatest AI tools.
- Feedback and recommendations. No change management strategy would be complete without gathering feedback. SADA’s program captures weekly feedback from Duet AI licensees to learn how they’re using the tools and how the tools can be leveraged more broadly. This data informs the overall business case. The business case is a final output of the trial, a combination of estimated time savings and estimated value. You’ll get recommendations for a broader launch of Duet AI based on your unique business needs. This will include the recommended number of Duet AI licenses your organization should include in future budget planning.
- Scalability. Google continues to launch new features for Duet AI, and we want to make sure that you know when these new features are available and how to get the most value from them. You’ll get guidance on how to establish a Duet AI learning community in which teams can share prompts, outputs, and lessons learned. This way, adopting this powerful AI technology isn’t solely the responsibility of IT or your Service Desk, but is driven by champions from departments across your organization.
Practical applications of Duet AI: real-world examples and success stories
From task automation to creative content creation, Duet AI has the potential to revolutionize the way teams work. Following are some examples of how to use Duet AI to enhance productivity.
- Task automation
- Duet AI does a great job automating repetitive tasks. For example, administrative teams can use Duet AI to automate data entry, saving valuable time and reducing the risk of errors. Duet AI can perform tasks such as scheduling, document formatting, and data analysis based on prompts tailored to unique business use cases.
- Content summarization
- Duet AI excels at summarizing large volumes of content quickly and accurately. Teams dealing with extensive research or lengthy documents can leverage Duet AI to generate concise summaries, facilitating faster decision-making. This functionality proves especially beneficial for legal and compliance teams, enabling them to review and comprehend complex documents more efficiently.
- Image creation
- Creative teams can harness Duet AI to generate images and visual content based on their input. By providing a prompt that describes the desired style, elements, and theme, Duet AI can assist in creating compelling visuals for presentations, marketing materials, and other content. This feature streamlines the creative process, allowing teams to focus on refining ideas rather than spending time on the minutiae of an initial design.
- Speaker notes
- Duet AI can be a valuable asset for professionals who frequently engage in public speaking or presentations. By analyzing prompts related to key talking points, Duet AI can generate speaker notes that enhance the speaker’s preparation and delivery. This functionality is particularly useful for individuals looking to streamline their presentation preparation without compromising on quality.
Change management challenges and solutions for AI adoption
While the benefits of Duet AI are impressive, adopting AI technologies can be a challenge. Common challenges and strategies to overcome them include:
- Resistance to change
- Challenge: Employees may be hesitant to adopt new technologies, fearing job displacement or the need for extensive retraining.
- Solution: Implement a comprehensive communication strategy to articulate the benefits of Duet AI, emphasizing its integration into existing processes that require human expertise, rather than a job replacement tool. Provide ample training resources to build confidence and competence among users and encourage your teams to experiment with these tools and share knowledge among themselves.
- Integration with corporate policies
- Challenge: Ensuring that Duet AI implementation aligns with corporate policies and regulatory requirements.
- Solution: Collaborate closely with legal and compliance teams to understand policy nuances and ensure that Duet AI features adhere to necessary regulations. Obtain clear sign-off from stakeholders to mitigate potential risks.
- Balancing security and innovation
- Challenge: Achieving a balance between innovation and robust data security.
- Solution: Work closely with security stakeholders to establish transparent practices for AI model training and data handling. Emphasize Duet AI’s commitment to instance-based data storage to alleviate security concerns.
- Maximizing ROI
- Challenge: Organizations may struggle to demonstrate a measurable return on investment (ROI) for Duet AI.
- Solution: Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) aligned with organizational goals and track the impact of Duet AI on productivity, efficiency, and overall business outcomes. Regularly communicate success stories to reinforce the positive impact of AI adoption.
Navigating the AI-powered future
Duet AI for Google Workspace presents an opportunity for organizations who wish to enhance productivity and embrace the benefits of generative artificial intelligence. By adopting a comprehensive change management strategy, businesses can overcome challenges, secure stakeholder buy-in, and maximize the potential of Duet AI.
As Google continues to introduce new features for Duet AI, staying informed and building a learning community becomes essential. At SADA, we’re committed to guiding your organization through the benefits of generative AI, ensuring that your teams are empowered to leverage the full potential of Duet AI.
The future of work is undeniably intertwined with AI, and by navigating this landscape with intention and strategic planning, organizations can unlock unprecedented levels of efficiency, creativity, and success. Stay tuned for further insights into the evolving role of AI in the workplace as we explore additional use cases, industry trends, and emerging technologies that shape the future of work and collaboration.
Schedule a complimentary generative AI consultation
SADA’s AI experts are standing by, ready to help you develop the generative AI strategy that’s right for your organization. Reach out today to schedule a complimentary generative AI consultation.