IKANO Communications is an IP solutions provider of aggregated networks and private-labeled services to ISPs, organizations, and businesses, with over 1000 domains and 350,000 subscribers. IKANO decided to implement Google Workspace in order to achieve significant cost savings, reduce administration overhead related to managing similar systems, and provide best-of-breed email and collaboration tools to their subscribers. IKANO plans to offer Google Workspace as well as Tier 1 Customer Support for their subscribers and organizations.
IKANO Communications needed assistance in building a bridge between Google Workspace and their current billing platform to provide value-add services such as email to their subscriber base while reducing administrative costs to manage infrastructure. Additionally, IKANO required a system which would seamlessly integrate with their existing provisioning and account management systems, and decrease the risk of customer churn by migrating as much of their existing data as possible over to Google Workspace. It was critical that IKANO provide users a near-seamless migration experience during the transition period of email dual delivery – to both the old platform and to Google Workspace.
SADA worked with IKANO Communications on a project to migrate 6 of their key domains, and 20,000+ users to Google Workspace. SADA developed a strategy to address:
- Dual delivery
- Bulk provisioning of existing accounts.
- Integration to the existing billing and provisioning platform for creation of new accounts.
- Email and Contacts migration for existing users
- IMAP-based email migration for existing users.
- POP3 activation and forwarders-configuration so a sub-set of users can continue to access mail the same way they are accustomed to.
- The results of the project would set a standard and develop a methodology for the migration of all other domains and users to Google Workspace. SADA utilized the open source provisioning toolkit as a basis for the mass provisioning portion of the project, a code base to which SADA was the original contributor.
The methodical approach to implementing Google Workspace at IKANO resulted in lower than expected impact on their call centers during the migration process. The Google Workspace solution implemented by SADA will help IKANO Communications save 25% in overall infrastructure maintenance and management costs of providing Google Workspace services to their subscribers.
“We are extremely pleased with the development and project management services SADA Systems, Inc. provided to IKANO. They listened to our needs and delivered on their statement of work. We look forward to our continued collaboration and partnership with SADA regarding future ISP business developed on the Google Workspace,” says Douglas Pollei, VP Internet Strategy and Corporate Development, IKANO Communications Inc.