At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, SADA, like thousands of other companies across the globe, shifted to a fully remote workforce. In what seemed like the blink of an eye, we were all forced to navigate our new remote work environments and to think on our feet. In true SADA spirit, we took a dynamic and innovative approach to helping our customers and the greater community. We turned a problem into an opportunity and quickly launched #CloudQuarters, an up-beat, go-to hub designed to help everyone embrace the shift to remote work. Packed with helpful information, tips & tricks, hosted videos and podcasts, #CloudQuarters, deemed “our new home for work,” addressed the dramatically shifting needs and demands of our customers and audience. We knew we needed to rapidly pivot to not only deliver on our promise to provide the best customer experience, but to drive us closer to our community as we traversed the new normal together.
As we all continue to navigate the shift, we’re reminded more than ever of SADA’s philosophy: “together, we’re all in.” Now that we’re all getting a hang of working remotely and starting the gradual transition to hybrid work environments, we figured it was time to give our #CloudQuarters home a refresh. Today, we’re excited to announce the relaunch of #CloudQuarters. Chock-full of resources to empower our collective community to boldly embrace the cultural shift, #CloudQuarters 2.0 is even better with the addition of Google Workspace content. Launched in October, Google Workspace helps teams get more done at work and at home—with integrated communication and collaboration tools known and loved by over 2.6 billion users connected together by shared interests, projects, planning and group work.
Stay informed on Google Workspace updates
With Google Cloud announcing new innovations in Google Workspace that will further empower all the ways work happens, we’ll be using #CloudQuarters to keep you in the know. Some of the most recent Google Workspace updates include:
- Assured Controls: A new add-on for Google Workspace that will allow organizations to precisely control cloud service provider access. The first feature of Assured Controls, Access Management, is rolling out in the coming weeks for the U.S. region.
- Expanded Data Regions coverage: Data Regions for Google Workspace allows customers to choose a specific geographic location—in the U.S., in Europe or globally distributed—for their covered data at rest to help meet organizational or compliance needs. Google Cloud is now extending Data Regions coverage to user indices for Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides for the U.S. data region.
- Google Workspace Frontline: In the coming weeks, Google Cloud will be launching a custom solution to meet the unique needs of frontline workers. The solution will include communication and collaboration apps like Gmail, Chat, Docs, Drive and more, as well as business-grade support and security features like advanced endpoint management that help keep a company’s data secure.
- Google Workspace + Google Assistant: To help people save valuable time, using Google Workspace with Google Assistant is now generally available.
- Features to better manage time and attention: Upcoming features like segmentable working hours, recurring out-of-office entries and location indicators let employees share their availability and location with their colleagues. Meanwhile, a new event type—Focus Time—lets people minimize distractions by limiting notifications during these event windows.
We’ll be covering these updates and more on our “Working with Workspace” video series on #CloudQuarters. Hosted by me, our team of change management experts, engineers and Google Workspace specialists, the video series will dive into a variety of topics every week. We’ve got a lot planned for you as we uncover new and innovative ways to reinvent the concept of the workplace.
- Want to understand the differences between Google Workspace and G Suite?
- Need tips on how to use Google Slides if you’re used to using PowerPoint?
- Interested in learning how you can combine the power of BigQuery and Connected Sheets to democratize data analytics in your organization?
These are just a few of the many topics we’ll be covering over at #CloudQuarters as we explore the melding of technology, people and culture to enhance productivity and collaboration. With eBooks, blogs, podcasts, industry-focused resources and so much more, you’ll want to check back often. We know the depths to which technology can empower people to transform their work, their industries, and the world—we’re here for it. And we’re here for you. Join us and let’s thrive in this new normal, together.