We are thrilled to announce that SADA has been named to Inc. magazine’s annual list of the Best Workplaces for 2021. Hitting newsstands May 18 in the May/June 2021 issue, and as part of a prominent Inc.com feature, the list is the result of a wide-ranging and comprehensive measurement of American companies that have created exceptional workplaces and company culture whether teams are operating in person or remotely.
“We’re so excited to be named as one of the Best Places to Work once again,” said Orkideh Shahidi, Vice President of People Operations at SADA. “This honor is especially important after a challenging year like 2020. With the pandemic and the shift to remote work, we really had to get creative to maintain the exceptional work environment that we’ve built for our growing and talented employee base. This recognition is truly a testament to the strength of our culture and our commitment to fostering a workplace that’s innovative and inclusive.”
To ensure clients are engaging with the best of the best, we make our people a top priority and strive to create a work environment that is fun and engaging. Weekly coffee breaks (virtually for now, of course) give our employees an opportunity to let their hair down, celebrate wins, and share experiences, hobbies, and expertise. Virtual cooking demonstrations, immersive cultural activities, and special guest speakers serve to foster connection in a time of social distancing, while morning meditation sessions and mental wellness challenges help SADAians practice mindfulness.
From using machine learning technology to screen our job descriptions for bias, to providing training and resources that foster a deeper awareness, we make sure that everyone who interacts with SADA feels welcome. In the spirit of our core tenet, “together, we’re all in,” we make a point to implement strategies and practices that not only support an inclusive, diverse and supportive environment for our employees but that also benefit the greater good. Some of our initiatives include:
- Encouraging employees to submit actionable ideas they’re interested in spearheading through our “Helping underserved communities through digital transformation” initiative
- Investing in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) training workshops
- Sponsoring booths at Women Impact Tech and the Society of Women Engineers Conference to network with hundreds of female engineers
- Partnering with alternative coding schools to help non-traditional engineering students become successful cloud engineers
- Partnering with WE and Google to offer an inclusive Listening Series to enhance our culture of belonging and allyship
- Working with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers to ensure we are reaching talent from all communities
- Making financial contributions to organizations that are driving systematic change in society (for example, Black Girls Code, the Equal Justice Initiative, Nomi Network, National Black Women’s Justice institute, and Race Forward)
In addition to a great culture, SADA also offers a wide range of competitive benefits such as 401K matching, paid parental leave, unlimited PTO, professional development reimbursement, bonuses, insurance, disability, flex spending accounts, and other employee assistance programs.
“The definition of a positive workplace has changed drastically over the past year,” says Inc. magazine editor-in-chief Scott Omelianuk. “Stocked fridges and nap pods were no longer perks many companies could rely on once work went remote. So, this year’s list is even more important as it reveals organizations that continue to enrich the lives of its employees amid a pandemic.”
Collecting data from thousands of submissions, Inc. singled out 429 honorees this year. Each nominated company took part in an employee survey, conducted by Quantum Workplace, on topics including management effectiveness, perks, and fostering employee growth. The organization’s benefits were also audited to determine the company’s overall score and ranking.
SADA is a global leader in providing business and technology consulting services that transform organizations by leveraging the entire Google Cloud portfolio. As a Google Cloud Premier Partner and two-time Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year, SADA has proven expertise in enterprise consulting, cloud platform migration, custom application development, workplace transformation, cloud managed services, and change management.